Denture Stabilization/Mini Implants
GENDEX DP-700 3D CONE BEAM DENTAL IMAGING SYSTEM
Advanced Dentistry makes use of the Award-Winning Gendex DP-700 3D Cone Beam Dental Imaging System for Optimum Results in Implant Placement. This machine takes a 3-dimensional picture of the jaw which allows us to know exactly where to position an implant.
THE BENEFITS OF DENTURE STABILIZATION
Over time, as you wear your denture, you lose the bony structure that supports your soft tissues. Because your soft tissues actually makes contact with your dentures, this too will start to recede with the bone, leaving you in a constant state of adjustment, discomfort and difficulty with everyday functions like speaking, chewing and especially smiling.
Implant Supported Dentures:
- Provide tremendous support and fixation so you can comfortably speak, chew, and smile.
- Keep your upper and lower jaw bone from receding which prevents facial shape changes like the “shrunken” look.
- Perfect option for patients with dentures who do not want to go through the expense required for individual tooth implants.
THE MINI IMPLANT PROCEDURE
- The MDI System consists of a miniature titanium implant that acts like the root of your tooth and a retaining fixture that is incorporated into the base of your denture.
- The head of the implant is shaped like a ball and the retaining fixture acts like a socket that contains a rubber O-ring.
- The O-ring snaps over the ball when the denture is seated and holds the denture at a predetermined level of force.
- When seated, the denture gently rests on the gum tissue. The implant fixtures allow for micro-mobility while withstanding natural lifting forces.
After having your implants placed, your dentures will be adjusted to attach to the implants. Even patients with some bone loss can benefit from Implant Supported Dentures. In one simple procedure, all the discomfort of dentures can be eliminated.
There is overwhelming evidence that stabilized dentures should be the first choice standard of care for denture wearers.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment if you are considering implant supported dentures.