DENTAL CLEANINGS HELP MAINTAIN A HEALTHY, BEAUTIFUL SMILE
Regular dental cleanings are an important part of maintaining your oral health. Dental Cleanings Sugar Land TXOur Sugar Land, TX-area practice, offers comprehensive dental cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy. A thorough exam by Dr. Varghese John, paired with a precise cleaning, can help prevent the need for more extensive dental work in the future. Contact our practice today to schedule your dental cleaning.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A DENTAL CLEANING?
During your dental cleaning, Dr. John will assess your teeth and gums, clean and polish your teeth, and discuss your oral hygiene habits. Depending on your needs, your appointment will involve a combination of diagnostic, preventive, and educational services:
- Reviewing your medical history, including information about your overall health
- Screening for signs of oral cancer
- Evaluating your gum tissue
- Checking your bite
- Taking x-rays to check for decay
- Referring you to a specialist, if necessary
- Removing plaque and tartar buildup
- Administering fluoride
- Applying sealants, if necessary
- Polishing your teeth
- Discussing ways to improve your brushing and flossing techniques
- Explaining how your overall health might be impacting your oral health or vice versa
- Recommending future dental services
Dr. John will take all the time necessary to discuss your oral health in detail. Should you have any questions about oral hygiene or future care, please do not hesitate to ask. At Advanced Dentistry, we pride ourselves on patient education, and we want to help all of our patients develop and maintain healthy habits.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL CLEANINGS?
Having your teeth cleaned regularly can provide many immediate and long-term advantages:
- Cavity Prevention – Removing tartar and plaque can help prevent tooth decay.
- Tooth Loss Prevention – The advancement of gum disease can lead to tooth loss and decay, so it is important to address this condition as early as possible. If neglected, your teeth could be lost or require extraction in the future.
- Fresher Breath – Dental cleanings eliminate odors and make your mouth feel clean and fresh. They can also make your smile look better. For a dramatic enhancement, ask Dr. John about teeth whitening treatments.
- Improved Overall Health – Your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other medical conditions can be minimized by maintaining your oral health.
It is usually recommended that you have your teeth cleaned once every six months. However, patients with certain conditions may require more frequent cleanings or a different cleaning called scaling and root planing, also called deep cleaning. At Advanced Dentistry, we will carefully evaluate your teeth and gums to determine which type of cleaning is best for you, and how often you should schedule your cleanings.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get an opinion on your need for dental crowns or bridges.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!